MicroBacter Lattice Medium
Medium High-Porosity Filtration Medium for All Freshwater &s; Marine Aquariums.
- Medium size, high porosity filtration medium for use in ponds and large marine or freshwater aquariums.
- Provides huge amounts of aerobic and anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial colonization.
- Provides over 7,500 square feet (700 square meters) of surface area per liter of medium.
- When properly colonized, and used as directed, it will reduce toxic ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates to near zero in ponds and aquariums.
- Also reduces phosphate significantly and dissolved organics.
- Works excellently as the only filtration medium for the aquarium or pond or may be employed in addition to other filtration media.
- Works well for tropical and cold water marine systems. Works well in fish only, FOWLR and reef systems. Also works well in all freshwater and brackish systems to provide primary or additional filtration.
250ml | 500ml | 1,000ml | 2L
Aerobic and Anaerobic bacteria remove noxious ammonia and nitrogenous waste from aquarium systems. Both require large surface areas on which to grow. MicroBacter Lattice provides a huge surface area that is up to 200 times larger than many biological filtration mediums, providing for a much more efficient filtration system in a much smaller space. While MicroBacter Lattice provides the area, it must be properly seeded with bacteria to allow it to populate properly. This can be done naturally by just placing the material in your filtration system, but ideal results will be achieved much more rapidly and a more diverse population of bacteria will be established by the use of MicrōBacter Start XLM, MicrōBacter Start XLF, MicrōBacter7, FlorinBacter7 or MicroBacterClean.
Instructions & Guidelines
Utilize a minimum of 100 ml of MicroBacter Lattice for every 10 U.S. gallons, ( 38 L ) of aquarium volume, more if bioload dictates. Rinse well in purified tap water or aquarium water. Can be used rinsed, as is or for maximum results, pre-seed the product by placing it in a plastic bucket and adding the recommended dose for your aquarium size of the aforementioned bacterial products and allowing the product to remain in this soak for 24 hours, stirring gently occasionally or agitating the liquid by pouring out and back into the container, gently. Place the seeded MicroBacter Lattice into your filter. The use of a pre-filtration filter floss, sponge or other mechanical pre-filtration is recommended to prevent fouling. For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source for growing bacteria, such as Brightwell®Katalyst bio pellets or liquid Reef BioFuel or Florin Axis, as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their label.