The Brightwell Aquatics Commitment: The founding principle of our business.
The goal in operating Brightwell Aquatics is simply to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. This might seem like a lofty (and refreshing) goal, but considerable time and effort has been invested in this pursuit; this is my commitment to you, the Brightwell Aquatics Assurance of Quality and Ethics.
- All of our products are formulated based upon the latest information. The goal in formulation is always to utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to the aquarist. Collectively, we are employing our understanding of the marine sciences to create scientifically-sound products. These products are formulated to do what we say they do on the label. Even the seemingly tiniest details of how a product is conceptualized and formulated can have a significant impact on aquatic organisms. It is for this reason that we scrutinize every single aspect of every formula to ensure that the overall result will be positive to the system and the inhabitants.
- We offer what might be considered "systems" or "assemblages" of products to cater to all skill levels, and also to all levels of desired water chemistry management, from simple Balling Method-based systems to complex ultra-low nutrient management systems.
- All of our products are manufactured in our own production facility in Alabama. We are 100% privately-owned, and founded on strong American principles. Greater than 98% of all raw materials we utilize, as well as the packaging containers that we employ, are manufactured within the U.S., helping to support the U.S. economy.
- With very few exceptions, all raw materials utilized in Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure (many are over 99.99% pure). We utilize Food/FCC Grade (Food Chemical Codex; suitable for use in food processing and production), USP Grade (US Pharmacopoeia; suitable for use in the production of pharmaceuticals), ACS Reagent Grade (American Chemical Society; materials are of the highest purity attainable) and assayed materials in all possible instances.
- We batch test every single raw material entering our facility to ensure that it is completely free of phosphate, nitrate, and copper. Materials failing to pass this test are refused and returned to the vendor.
- All water used in our liquid products is filtered through a multi-stage, high-removal rate reverse osmosis and/or deionization purification system, so that the contents of each bottle are as close to what we state they are on the label as is possible.
- With one exception (trace elements), we do not, nor will we ever, use chelated raw materials in our products. Because the majority of a chelated element is composed of organic material, the use of chelated major elements (such as calcium), in our opinion, should be limited to those elements required in minute quantities in an aquarium. Chelated major, non-conservative elements contribute considerable organic material to an aquarium, rapidly degrading water quality.
- All of our products are created and packaged using equipment that is considered suitable for use in production and processing of food for human consumption. A quick glance at our production facility would reveal a lot of stainless steel and high-density plastics. We maintain a clean production facility and work very hard to ensure that each product leaving our facility lives up to the highest standards of quality.
- Brightwell Aquatics liquid products that target specific elements (such as Calcion, Magnesion, Potassion, Strontion, Iodion, Ferrion, etc.) are formulated to exceed the concentrations provided by competing products. In doing so, a hobbyist is able to adjust the composition of many more gallons of aquarium water with our products per unit volume than is possible with competing products. Because Brightwell Aquatics products are competitively priced, the result is “More bang for your buck”.
- Products intended to replicate natural water parameters, such as Replenish and Liquid Reef, are formulated using the most up-to-date data on marine seawater composition. We take our formulation seriously; in many cases, ionic ratios and final elemental concentrations are so exacting to natural water parameters that variations between the two are immeasurable.
- All of our products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service. We pull multiple samples from each batch at the beginning, middle, and end of the packaging process and place them in climate-controlled storage for a period of three years from the date of manufacture. If you should ever have an issue with one of our products, we will ask you to send the remainder of the product to us for physical and chemical comparison to our own samples from that lot.
- An average Guaranteed Analysis and comprehensive list of Ingredients is printed on each product’s label. Whenever possible, we list the exact raw material used in the product; we avoid listing such exhaustive information only when details surrounding the formulation are considered a trade secret (which we want to keep concealed from competitors).
- The Instructions and Overview on each product’s label explain how best to utilize the product and take the guesswork out of trying to balance aquarium water chemistry. Included is information on creating a stock solution (powdered products only), the increase in target ion concentration that occurs in 1 gallon of water when adding 1 gram or milliliter of the straight product or stock solution, how to determine the rate of ion depletion in an aquarium, and basic information on the importance of maintaining proper concentrations of the target ion or substance in an aquarium. A Technical Background on each label explains important aspects of the product’s intended use in a more in-depth fashion than is provided in the Overview.
- The usage guidelines of the products are written in plain language, but if you find that you have questions, call us and we’ll take all the time necessary to ensure that you understand the nature and usage of the products. Technical support is provided by phone and e-mail during the hours of 8 – 4:30 EST, Monday through Friday.
- We do not, nor will we ever, create and market a product that is in some way misleading to you, our customer and fellow aquarist.
- At all times, we maintain at least 1,000-gallons of gross aquarium capacity for product testing and ongoing maintenance.
No gimmicks. No reliance upon outdated formulations or pre-existing industry reputations. No lip service. Simple results, obtained through a commitment to excellence that is reflected in every aspect of how we formulate our products and operate our company. Remember the integrity that was so commonplace in businesses before the world became so commercialized? This is it. This is a company operated by scientists with one goal: to produce the absolute best products to enable aquarists to maintain their aquaria, whether 1- or 1-million gallons, in the most successful fashion. Period.
When you are ready to maintain your aquarium water chemistry with a system of products that is scientifically formulated to have the maximum possible benefit to your aquarium, a system trusted by some of the foremost recreational and professional aquarists, and prominent private and governmental research organizations, in over 90 countries, then we will be here to assist you.
Our continued commitment to the quality of our products and service, and the moral ethics of how we operate our business, are what stands behind every product bearing the Brightwell Aquatics name and makes them an attractive option to the aquarist that has grown tired of the hype and confusion that often surround water care products and their manufacturers. If you’re ready for a change, try Brightwell Aquatics. It’s about science. It’s about time.
Brightwell Aquatics, 212 33rd St. NE, Fort Payne, AL 35967
phone: (570)486-4787 fax: (570)486-4755